Health and Wellbeing
The HWB Programme is a national initiative to achieve the following aims.
- Aims at increasing knowledge and understanding of ‘Health and Wellbeing’ across schools within Suffolk, and more specifically within Bury St Edmunds.
- To provide a range of innovative projects, targeting a range of students, and providing case studies for other schools within the county to access.
- Increase engagement of local community sports clubs at events/projects to increase the transition of young people to community clubs.
- Raise the profile of ‘Change4life’ projects
- Introduce ‘Health Champions’ in schools which contribute to ‘Heath and Wellbeing’ projects
Bury St Edmunds is a hub for development, and, supported by the Youth Sport Trust – there are a host of initiatives in place to develop young people’s activity levels and sense of holistic wellbeing.